Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My not so NEW hobby

(You know I must be really excited to be blogging at such a weird timing - Yes of course! I've just completed my scheduling for my Australia trip, hopefully can confirm the air tickets tomorrow. keke)

I'll be going for my holidays soon! Oh I'm so excited!!! Previously I've only travelled to the Asian countries like Thailand, India and China (oh yes China. Will be there again next year. Join my team in Chengdu to help the vagabond children!)

It was pretty interesting actually. A fren of mine asked if I would like to visit Switzerland with her. My immediate response was "NO"! I'm not someone who spurges on holidays to destress plus the fact that I'm planning for a long awaited family trip to Australia soon; money and annual leave are huge concerns. However almost immediately this other thought came into my mind (seriously the brain is really powerful; mine is! It's like in a split second so many things have flashed passed my brain monitor) "Oh Cynthia you ulu turtle, haven't seen much of the world ya". I paused for a moment. dotz dotz dotz. It's true. The last time I went for a real playing holiday was after my graduation to Redang Island with my friends. Well long story cut short -> I've been bubbling with excitement since then. Snowy mountains here I come!

Many good things have actually came out of this decision to go for the trip. Money/savigns became something that I started thinking about seriously. I can no longer be satisfed with my current savings. Rather I need to replenish them to a healthy level again. (Love for money is the root of all evil. True godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.) Dun worry I'm not going crazy on a money finding spree. But I'm now on the lookout of finding some good skills or a personal forte. A good skill that I can leverage on wherever I go in future.

After a week of seeking. Ta-da! This is my first option! COOKING! I used to cook when I was younger. I stopped trying to cook for my family when I got really busy studying etc. Oily kitchen is a no no. So it's not just any cooking. Probably healthy cooking. Minus the frying and the whatever that will stink the kitchen and make the floor oily.

Okies. Enough said. Gotta pick up a cookbook soon.








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia.

So you're going to Australia? You mentioned snowy mountains, does that mean you are going to Switzerland too?

Hope that your trip will be a fruitful one filled with pure joy and good memories. God bless you with journey mercy.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself!