Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A lifetime's not too long to live as friends

Sandy Beaches Golden Sand, hope you be my faithful friend...

In my primary and secondary school days when it's time for us to switch classes or even schools at the end of the year, many of us will flash out nicely decorated autograph books to get them autographed (Which really what Friendster is doing now - just that the medium is different)

We pen words, poems; paste stickers, photos etc etc to beautify up the little space that our frined has entrusted to us to leave our paw prints on. It still bring back fond & some faded memories when I flipped through my dusty, yellowy autograph book. Some are really hilarious! (I'm sure those I wrote was too. Haha)

I typed "Definition of a true friend" and million of pages came back. I looked through some of them and decide to come up with my own. Not because theirs is not good but I felt that my definition/expectation of a true friend will be different from someone else's definition. Simply because each of us are unique and different. How a true friend is really true to a person may not mean as much to you. (I'll talk more about this in Langauge of Love some other time)

The last time that I was really traumatized by an unfortunate happening in my life. I called a really good friend of mine just wanting to talk to her a bit. But as I shared with her there was a point I just kept quiet a bit choke by my emotions then. But she understood. Initially I was still trying to assure her that I'm fine & that I just needed someone to talk to. That's all. Trying to sound normal over the telephone thinking that she won't see the tears. Though she was busy she just gave me that time and told me that she will not put down the phone or talk till I'm feeling better. I wept quietly over the phone with her for... I can't remember how long.

At the end of the conversation though she didn't have an answer to the problem but I felt assured and comforted deeply to know that someone is alongside me. Praying for me, not allowing me to fall, wanting me to be strong again. It really touches me. Thank you so much Penny. I always thank God for you.



FRIENDS by Michael W. Smith

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WinDz: Aw ... that post was nice and touching . =) All your posts are about those values and stuff. Really profound . xD Btw , i added you in friendster ? Mind adding me ? =)

Anonymous said...

WOW... this entry is really touching. PENNY ROCKS. haha

kermit said...

hies there jo darling!