Sunday, October 08, 2006

What price BEAUTY?

Over the weekend I attended my friend's wedding as a Jie Mei (sister) in Malaysia. Big events as such also means putting in extra effort to look good. So instead of wearing spectables I wore disposable contact lens for the occasion.

Feeling an irritation in my left eye I tried removing the lens. After struggling for more than 15mins I was left with a sore & bruised left eye. Unable to take the pain and tearing from my eye I decided to try later.

Cut the long story short ---> After struggling for almost 4 torturous hours back in Singapore I had the sudden realization tat my contact lens might had probably dropped off & I had been plucking and pinching at my raw eyeball for the whole time. Eeeks. Painful okie.... Goodness, how could I be so blur.... No more contact lens for 2 weeks at least!

My injured eye:

Create Your Own!

Compared to those who are willing to go under the knife to enhance the way they look mine was just minor pain. I seriously can't imagine the amount of pain they put themselves to. I remember a doctor friend told me that if someone goes for plastic surgery/general surgery she probably can't go out of the house for a few weeks because that part of the body will be in great pain to recover from the extreme tramua of the surgery.


What's the PRICE you're willing to pay to be "beautiful"??? When plastic surgery goes very wrong

3 comments:

Elkan said...

Ouch! That must really hurt.

Be careful with contacts, my brother once got a very nasty infection because he didnt clean it properly (he wears contacts daily). Doc warned him he could go blind if not treated in time.

Specs can be a fashion accessory also. Just a matter of mixing and matching the right frames and clothes.

Vision is more important -> take good care of it.

Maybe from a guy's point of view, as an encouragement to ladies, is that ladies generally have much better fashion sense than guys. Even if not, a windows shopping trip down orchard road, or flipping through the fashion magazines will trigger many wonderful ideas.

Generally guys find self-assured, confident girls attractive in their unique sort of way -> their own special X-factor. Be it they are dressed in evening gowns or Ts and torn jeans.

Going under the knife or plastic surgery doesnt really speak of this confidence. Maybe it will only be attractive to pervertic types of guys. *gasp*

So ladies, be liberated to be uniquely yourself :)

DeepOne said...

Anyway, people have been wearing contacts for years, things like this have happened before and would happen again (the digging of eyeball part). Happened to me once. Just clean properly and put it in right.

It's true that guys are attracted to self assured and confident girls. But girls please don't stop putting in effort to look good.

I mean the efforts really show.
Please:

1) Pluck eyebrow!

2) Put on a bit of foundation or concealer.

3) Dress decently. Means not like a ho' but not like an auntie either.

Wai Mun said...

Yr swollen eye pictures look quite scary....

Anyway, here is my own horrific contact lens story...

I once met a student who mentioned to me that he would be going to see an eye doctor because his eyes were very painful when he removed his contact lens.

I asked him what could be the possible reason?

He blur blur tell me,"Not sure but... maybe it is because I had not remove my lens for 3 years."

I almost shouted,"Are you crazy! You could be blind " when I heard that.

Not sure what happened to this student of mine becos he dropped out of school a short while after that.