Friday, October 27, 2006

The Days are Evil (3)

I couldn't sleep after I saw the papers. It's about ten plus years since I was still in secondary school. Back then life was so peaceful, innocent. I wonder if one of the reasons was that I couldn't be bothered to read the newspapers then - the busyness of exams and school was my entire world then. (A pretty small world ya. Hahas)

And I couldn't find the answer which I've been asking myself in the recent years (since I've started working) why things have became so warped so ugly in such a short span of time.

Anyway I saw something which helped a little...

Quoted by Mr Huang Sabin:
* People are never our enemy - evil is. We must love people and fight evil
* We must fight evil using God's power, not our own

3 comments:

Wai Mun said...

When I was in secondary school, I was taught that there are 2 school of thoughts : 人性本善 and 人性 本恶.

I used to think 人性本善. Now, I believe that 人性 本恶. For myself, at times though I have a desire to do what is good, I cannot carry it out. What I want to do, I do not do. What I do not want to do, I do. Though I may not be doing the terrible things I read in news (E.g incest, murder, robbery), I find that I am selfish at times and have the capacity to do evil of lesser extent. For example, I can get angry at people and either say in out in hurtful words or have hurtful thoughts.

Of cos, it cen be disturbing and hopeless once how "evil" we can be. Yet, I do there is hope for us. =) Personally, I have managed to keep my “evil” nature from growing by first admitting I am weak. Then, I learnt to accept the help of families, mentors and friends in my life to grow out of my weaknesses.

So let us fight the evil but love the people!

Anonymous said...

yourchum: hope you can be the light in this depraved generation ...

Anonymous said...

JC: hey life aint dat bad if yer keep lookin on the bright side. get away from the dark side. move back to the way of the jedi. see the light. and yer find out that life is still great!