Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm NOT addicted!!!

Guild Rules & Regulations:

1. No vulgarities
2. Always encourage and be affirming
3. No kill-stealing
I'm in a guild!!!! Yea Yea Yea! Thanks grins! Our volunteer who donated 5 million mesos to establish this guild.
See I stressed that "I'm NOT addicted!!" but I was almost drawn into it. How do you explain how a grown adult would spend her 1st $10.70 on A cash for double EXP (gaining double experience point) & spent a few precious nights busy levelling up. I've never been the gaming kind of person. The few games that I used to play when I was young were Bubble Puzzle & Brick Game. Get the point.
As I thought about it realized that the two key reasons I'm so attracted to Maple is the thrill of levelling up (It definitely helps me press on with the mundane slashing of goats & ducks & mushrooms) & playing with my friends. (Note: I already know them in my real life. Strongly discourage you from making online friends. The danger element is always there)
If an adult with all her real world responsibilites can be ALMOST addicted, how about school children who have much spare time on their hands. Think about it....
Control the game & have fun but definitely not let the game control you & rob you of real life achievements. :)

4 comments:

Peter said...

Wow.. Cynthia, you plays Maple story? Do you play WOW and DOTA as well? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm NOT addicted!! >_<
I've spent $210 to date on WOW.
I've spent $110 on A-cash ever since I started playing maple story.
I spent $0 on DOTA, cos I played it in the Cyber Wellness Lab.
I cannot even begin to keep track how much time I've spent on gaming... ...Maybe just enough to get me a Professorship had I been studying... ...
I cannot say I'm addicted!!
I can only say I'm multi-talented and... ...dedicated... ...(cough cough) v^o^v

DeepOne said...

I started off playing RPGs, and later on WoW and other single player RPGs.... after a long while (5 yrs) I find myself moving towards real world hobbies instead... computer games are getting boring...

Anonymous said...

Real-world hobbies. I tried bowling and billard before. But it's costly. I play basketball, badminton, table-tennis. Can't say I love it. I used to read fiction books. Then I turned to comics.

I started to pick up 'things fixing'. Like doing maintenance on stuff. Like tightening a loose screw, fixing broken trolley wheels, and things like that. Quite fun, and helpful at times.

Recently I tried craft work, sewing and window shopping.

Man, either I'm really multi-talented, or something is really wrong with me. >_<

Maybe I lack focus?
Or maybe I lack purpose.

Then again, nothing beats having a coffee or a meal and a good heart-to-heart chat with a REAL friend.