Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fast Eaters GET FAT (dedicated to Jo)


(Taken from Reader's Digest Feb 2009 issue)

Eating slowly can help you slim down!

A study of more than 3000 Japanese adults published in the British Medical Journal found that those who ate their meals quickly were about twice as likely to be obese as their slow-munching counterparts.

People who ate quickly and who ate until they were full were three times more likely to be obese. The research supports previous evidence that people tend to consume more calories when they eat quickly, but also that eating quickly is linked to obesity regardless of how many calories are eaten.

Dr Elizabeth, an obesity expert from the University of New South Wales says research suggests people can lean to eat more slowly and recognise their internal cues for fullness.
Slowing your rate of eating allow your body to send fullness signals before you've overeaten.
**********************************************************************
Kermit: It's true. When I was still in the university I had to feel that I'm FULL then I'll stop eating. That would mean I need a snack e.g. curry puff/ snack after my meal. Not surprising that I was at my heaviest during my university years.

Now I'm older and wiser. I just need to be QUITE FULL, I'll stop eating. As such I won't overeat & I can still nibble when I'm hungry. It's good practice because I won't feel SOOOOO sleepy after meal at work.

2 comments:

bk said...

wow, kermit, r u sure? u didn't look fat to me when we were undergrad.

Jo said...

LOL. THANKS AH.

I've read this article before, i just cant control myself when im hungry!!! Will try will try, dont want to be fat. =)