Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Second Dish with earnings!

Oh my gosh! After looking through my older posts I realized it was only after a long 5 months that I've embarked on my second dish!!! Pai seh pai seh *blush*

The best thing about me is I need to write my recipes down else I'll simply forget how to cook it. Blogging it down is good! :P

I'm certainly more encouraged to cook. My frens says that the rice is good! (Despite the fact that I've forgotten to add salt!!!! Maybe the oyster sauce in the marination is salty enough) Another encouragement is I actually made $15 from cooking the glutinuous rice!!! Heeheehee!!! Looks like this could be one of my hidden talents after all.

One of my dreams is that in future whichever country I go I can survive with a meaningful skill. And as one of my fren says "Cooking will never go out of need because people need & (some) love to eat!!!!"

Glutinuous Rice/ 糯米饭
Why I should cook this:
Simply yummy & easy to prepare. To balance this high carbohydrate dish you can add more chicken & mushroom or even green peas. However don't over eat on this as glutinuous rice takes a longer time to be digested.

Ingredients:
• 0.5kg glutinuous rice
• soyabean oil
• pepper
• five spice powder
• oyster sauce
• shallots, pounded
• garlic, pounded
• chicken slices
• chinese mushrooms
• handful of dried shrimps

Preparation:
1. Soak Chinese mushrooms in water overnight till soften. Cut into small pieces
2. Marinate mushrooms & chicken (separately) with oyster sauce, pepper, sesame oil, five spice powder
3. Add garlic, shallot, dried shrimps & mushroom. Fry until brown.
4. Add glutinuous rice & chicken & fry. Add a little water to prevent rice from sticking to pan.
5. Once all the ingredients are throughly mixed, transfer the rice mixture into a steamer.
6. Steam for 30mins. Thereafer check if glutinuous rice has soften. Else steam for another 10mins.

Note:
1. Do not need to soak glutinuous rice overnight. Just wash the rice clean before use.
2. Add chicken together with the rice else will end up overcooking the meat.
Kermit's Learning:
Dun take five more months to cook the next dish. Heys people remind me!

*Special thanks to "My mother who taught me!"*

0 comments: