Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Don't Get SWEET-TALKED!

Check out the recent Sunday Times on 6th May 2007:

Men prowl Internet chatrooms & lure young irls into meeting them for sex. Reporter Cheryl Tan poses as a 13-year-old schoolgirl & gets indecent proposal one after another.

"Petting is like a massage. Just wear your bikini and I'll give ou a full body massage" - SPRING, 24

"I let you see me naked, you also show me yourself naked." - UnWANTED, 17

"I teach you everything tomorrow," he promised. But I had to let him "feel feel" me. - Eric,32.

Darren, whose pick-up line was to ask if I was keen on earning $1,500, called me "girl". HE asked for my age, my school, and why I was not in class on a Friday morning. For that amount of money, all he wanted from me was to "accompany" him. The 27-year-old who claimed to be an advertising manager said he wanted us to "chill out" together at his home. He asked to meet me at a playground near the HDB flat he lived in. Offered to pay for my cab fare & said we could have breakfast & watch comedy movies. He gave me his mobile number.

When I got there and called him, he asked me again if I was really 13. WHile I waited on a slide, Darren circled the playground several times. He then disappeared behind a block of flats and hid behind a pillar.

My phone rang - it was him. He claimed he did not see me and asked to meet at the lift lobby instead. When I faked unfamiliarity with the area, he finally approached me.

The first thing he asked me was: "Are you the girl I chatted with online?"

When I identified myself as a reporter, Darren immediately denied knowing that I was 13. Even after he tried to inch away from me, he insisted that his motive was purely innocent. He "really just wanted to watch movies" with me at his flat. Two hours later, a woman who claimed to be his girlfriend called to say someone has impersonated Darren & posted his mobile number on the Net.

Girls, don't get sweet talk. I don't even waste my time with any online strangers. The real posion lies deep within the sweet honey coated words. This reporter was just doing a case study. But I wonder how many young innocent gals may have fallen prey to some of these sweet talking perverts.

1 comments:

Peter said...

Cynthia, here are just some random comments to the posts you have posted before:

Create some links to other posts or websites so that old people like me can do a bit digging around to find something interesting.